Rejuvenate your youth and skin with Dr Shareka's Anti-wrinkle Injection treatments
Anti-wrinkle injections are commonly referred to as ‘Botox’, short for Botulinum Toxin. This is a naturally occurring protein that causes the facial muscles to relax. This, in turn, makes wrinkles become smoother.
Want to Book Online?
Book your appointment with Dr Shareka using our contact form.
Anti-wrinkle Injection Information
Some of the reasons for Anti-wrinkle Injections are:
- To Reduce the number of Wrinkles
- To Decrease visibility of Wrinkles
- To Make the face look Younger and Softer
What areas can be treated?
This treatment involves treating lines on/ around the following: forehead, eyes (crows feet) and frown lines. Facial lines and wrinkles are softened by relaxing the underlying muscle giving a fresher and younger look to the face.
What will the treatment involve?
The treatment will involve making a series of small injections into the muscles of your face. It is a relatively quick procedure.
Will it hurt?
The procedure is relatively pain-free, with potential mild discomfort due to the injection of the small needle.
Is it safe?
The risks are extremely minimal. Botulinum toxin has been in medical use for over four decades. It is a prescription only medicine, that should only be prescribed by an appropriately trained healthcare professional who has had the appropriate training.
Before any procedure, Dr Shareka will have a thorough face to face initial consultation and assessment with all clients. Dr Shareka will ask for an in-depth medical history and your reasons for wanting to go ahead with treatment before Dr Shareka decides if you are suitable for treatment or not.
Can I return to work after?
You will be able to return to your normal daily activities after treatment. Immediately after treatment, you can expect a small red swelling at the injection site which will reduce within 30 minutes. You may experience some bruising or redness following treatment which will subside within a few days.
How long will my anti-wrinkle results last?
Usually between 3-4 months, but everybody is different. After this, you may wish to return for further treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Mainly bruising, which will subside within a few days. Some patients also report a mild headache post treatment which also quickly subsides.
Is this treatment suitable for everybody?
You are unsuitable for treatment if:
- You have any infection present at or near the injection sites
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have a neuromuscular disease
It is important to follow your aftercare advice.
- Avoid alcohol and exercise for at least 24 hours as it can lead to flushing of the skin, which can, in turn, reduce the effectiveness of the treatment
- Avoid rubbing the areas of the face that have been injected for 24 hours - this includes having facials or facial massage.
- Avoid applying makeup directly to the injection sites for 24 hours. You may apply makeup to the other areas of your face.
Following any procedure, Dr Shareka will follow up with each client personally.